|COLONEL COREY J MARTIN|
Colonel Corey J. Martin is the Commander, 376th Air Expeditionary Wing, Transit Center at Manas, Kyrgyz Republic. The Transit Center at Manas has approximately 1,400 military as well as 900 U.S. and host nation contractor personnel performing day-to-day operations at the premier air mobility hub supporting military operations in Afghanistan. The wing's around-the-clock missions include aerial refueling, airlift, onward movement of troops, and strengthening the partnership with the Kyrgyz Republic.
Colonel Martin was commissioned in May 1991. He has served as a C-141 and C-17 examiner airdrop aircraft commander, chief of wing safety, squadron commander and in various staff assignments at the major command and combatant command level. He has operational flying experience during Operations ENDURING FREEDOM and IRAQI FREEDOM and deployed squadron command experience in Operation IRAQI FREEDOM.
1991 Bachelor of Science in Aeronautical Engineering, U.S. Air Force Academy, Colorado Springs, Colo.
1997 Squadron Officers School, Distinguished Graduate, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1999 Master's of Art in Management and Human Resource Development, Webster University, Scott AFB, Ill.
2004 Air Command and Staff College, Distinguished Graduate, Maxwell, AFB, Ala.
2004 Master of Applied Science in Military Operational Art and Science, Air University, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2005 School of Advanced Air and Space Studies, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2005 Master of Applied Science in Airpower Art and Science, Air University, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2006 Air War College, by correspondence
2009 National War College, Ft. McNair, Washington, D.C.
2009 Master of Science in National Security Strategy, Ft. McNair, Washington D.C.
2012 Enterprise Leadership Seminar, Darden School, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Va.
1. August 1991 - August 1992, student, Undergraduate Pilot training, Williams AFB, Ariz.
2. September 1992 - December 1992, student, C-141 Copilot training, Altus AFB, Okla.
3. December 1992 - August 1997, C-141 Examiner Aircraft Commander, McChord AFB, Wash.
4. August 1997 - August 1999, Phoenix Hawk Intern Program, HQ Air Mobility Command, Scott AFB, Ill.
5. September 1999 - December 1999, student, C-17 Aircraft Commander training, Altus AFB, Okla.
6. December 1999 - July 2003, C-17 Examiner Airdrop Aircraft Commander, Charleston AFB, S.C.
7. August 2003 - June 2004, student, Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
8. July 2004 - June 2005, student, School of Advanced Air and Space Studies, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
9. January 2006 - June 2006, Chief of Safety, 437th Air Wing, Charleston AFB, S.C.
10. June 2006 - May 2008, Commander, 437th Operations Support Squadron, Charleston AFB, S.C.
11. September 2007 - January 2008, Commander, 447th Operations Support Squadron, Bagdad, Iraq.
12. July 2008 - June 2009, student, National War College, Ft. McNair, Washington D.C.
13. July 2009 - May 2011, Deputy Chief then Chief of Strategy, U.S. European Command, Stuttgart, Germany.
14. May 2011 - May 2012, Vice Commander, 18th Wing, Kadena AB, Japan.
15. June 2012 - Present, Commander, 376th Air Expeditionary Wing, Transit Center at Manas, Kyrgyz Republic.
Rating: Command Pilot
Flight Hours: More than 4,000
Aircraft flown: C-17, C-141, KC-135, T-38, T-37, E-3, HH-60
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS:
Defense Distinguished Service Medal
Distinguished Flying Cross
Meritorious Service Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Medal with one oak leaf cluster
Air Force Commendation Medal with one oak leaf cluster
Joint Service Achievement Medal
Iraq Campaign Medal
1997 Distinguished Graduate, Squadron Officer School
2004 Distinguished Graduate, Air Command and Staff College
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION:
Second Lieutenant May 1991
First Lieutenant May 1993
Captain May 1995
Major March 2002
Lieutenant Colonel March 2006
Colonel October 2009